This update features policy, regulatory, legislative, and regional developments in Connecticut and New England. The policy updates are compiled by the CPES New Energy Professionals Team. If you are interested in learning more about the New Energy Professionals, the Policy Committee, or if you have ideas for future policy updates, we would welcome your input and feedback. Please send comments to Kathryn Dube, CPES Executive Director, via email: email@example.com.
This week’s feature:
- Summer 2017 Update on Regional Transmission Investment
- Office of Legislative Research Report on Acts Affecting Energy & Utilities
- Three New PURA Dockets
REGIONAL AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENTS
Summer 2017 Update on Regional Transmission Investment
ISO New England recently published the June 2017 update to the Regional System Plan (RSP) Project List, which details Pool Transmission Facility (PTF) projects needed to ensure reliability in New England. Since the March 2017 update, 2 projects plus a portion of a third were cancelled, 16 upgrades were placed in service across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island, and 2 new projects were added to the list. Additionally, some project cost estimates changed, and in-service dates for 4 projects were moved into 2022.
Since 2002, a cumulative total of 730 project components representing an investment of $8.4 billion have been placed into service to help ensure that New England’s transmission system continues to reliably and efficiently move electricity across the region.
For more information, visit the ISO Newswire.
PUBLIC UTILITIES REGULATORY AUTHORITY NEW DOCKETS:
On June 27, 2017, PURA established the following docket:
- Docket No. 17-06-23: Annual Review of Connecticut Electric Suppliers’ and Electric Distribution Companies’ Compliance with Connecticut’s Renewable Energy Portfolio Standards in the Year 2016. (http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/dockcurr.nsf/(Web+Main+View/All+Dockets)?OpenView&StartKey=17-06-23)
On June 28, 2017, PURA established the following docket:
- Docket No. 17-06-28: Application to Approve the Selected Projects Under the Shared Clean Energy Facility Pilot Program. (http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/dockcurr.nsf/(Web+Main+View/All+Dockets)?OpenView&StartKey=17-06-28)
On June 29, 2017, PURA established the following docket:
- Docket No. 17-06-31: 2017-2018 Joint Arrearage Forgiveness Plan. (http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/dockcurr.nsf/(Web+Main+View/All+Dockets)?OpenView&StartKey=17-06-31)
CONNECTICUT LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
The Office of Legislative Research recently released the special report on Acts Affecting Energy & Utilities.
The 2017 Regular Session adjourned on June 7, 2017. Information about the Energy and Technology Committee, including committee meetings and public hearings, is available at: https://www.cga.ct.gov/et/
CPES does not take a position on these legislative proposals; this is provided for informational purposes only to CPES members.