This update features policy, regulatory, legislative, and regional developments in Connecticut and New England. The policy updates are compiled by the CPES New Energy Professionals Team. If you are interested in learning more about the New Energy Professionals, the Policy Committee, or if you have ideas for future policy updates, we would welcome your input and feedback. Please send comments to Kathryn Dube, CPES Executive Director, via email: email@example.com.
This week’s feature:
- PURA Established Two Dockets involving The United Illuminating Company and The Connecticut Light and Power Company
- Legislation that Passed During the 2017 Regular Session
PUBLIC UTILITIES REGULATORY AUTHORITY NEW DOCKET:
On June 1, 2017, PURA established the following dockets:
- Docket No. 17-06-03: Application For Review Of The United Illuminating Company’s Distributed Energy Resource Integration Plan (http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/dockcurr.nsf/(Web+Main+View/All+Dockets)?OpenView&StartKey=17-06-03)
- Docket No. 17-06-02: PURA Review of The Connecticut Light and Power Company’s dba Eversource Energy Distributed Energy Resources Proposals (http://www.dpuc.state.ct.us/dockcurr.nsf/(Web+Main+View/All+Dockets)?OpenView&StartKey=17-06-02)
CONNECTICUT LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
The 2017 Regular Session adjourned on June 7, 2017. The following legislation passed both the Connecticut House and Senate that may be of interest to our members:
- SB 4: AN ACT CONCERNING MUNICIPAL ELECTRIC UTILITY COOPERATIVES.
- SB 899: AN ACT CONCERNING PUBLIC UTILITIES REGULATORY AUTHORITY ADMINISTRATIVE HEARINGS FOR PURCHASED GAS ADJUSTMENTS, ENERGY ADJUSTMENT CHARGES OR CREDITS AND TRANSMISSION RATES.
- SB 900: AN ACT CONCERNING MINOR REVISIONS TO ELECTRIC SUPPLIER COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS REGARDING ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS, RENEWABLE PORTFOLIO STANDARDS AND ADVERTISING AND CONTRACT PROVISIONS AND THE PUBLIC UTILITIES REGULATORY AUTHORITY’S REPORTING OF ELECTRIC RATES.
- SB 943: AN ACT CONCERNING THE INSTALLATION OF CERTAIN SOLAR FACILITIES ON PRODUCTIVE FARMLANDS.
- HB 6304: AN ACT REQUIRING A STUDY OF THE VIABILITY OF NEW DISTRICT HEATING NETWORKS IN THE STATE.
- HB 7036: AN ACT PROMOTING THE USE OF FUEL CELLS FOR ELECTRIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM BENEFITS AND RELIABILITY.
- HB 7104: AN ACT CONCERNING RENEWABLE PORTFOLIO STANDARD COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS.
- HB 7106: AN ACT CONCERNING AUDIT REPORTS FILED WITH THE PUBLIC UTILITIES REGULATORY AUTHORITY.
- HB 7208: AN ACT CONCERNING THE COMMERCIAL PROPERTY ASSESSED CLEAN ENERGY PROGRAM.
CPES does not take a position on these legislative proposals; this is provided for informational purposes only to CPES members.