June 14, 2017: Natural Gas Infrastructure Project Updates
Connecticut-based gas utilities and interstate pipeline companies are actively developing
natural gas expansion projects to serve growing demand from existing and new customers in Connecticut. Projects are segmented by size. Small infrastructure serves business and residential customers. Large infrastructure moves gas around the region.
March 23, 2017: Update on Connecticut’s Comprehensive Energy Strategy
Mary Sotos, Deputy Commissioner for Energy and Tracy Babbidge, Chief of the Bureau of Energy & Technology Policy, both from the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, provided an update on CT’s Comprehesive Energy Strategy.
February 15, 2017: CPES Hosts Discussion on Energy Procurement Strategies
On February 15, 2017, the Connecticut Power and Energy Society (CPES) hosted a discussion on energy procurement strategies featuring government and business insights from Jeffrey Gaudiosi, Power Procurement Manager for the State of Connecticut, and David Ferro, Director of Energy Management Services and Business Development for Pennoni Associates.
Click here for David Ferro’s presentation.
November 9, 2016: Addressing Connecticut’s Climate Change Goals
- Keri Enright-Kato, Director, Office of Climate Change, Technology & Research, Bureau of Energy and Technology Policy, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP)
- Tracy A. Gionfriddo, Senior Environmental Specialist, Environmental Compliance and Performance, Eversource Energy
- Kevin Hennessy, Director, State Policy – New England, Dominion Resources
October 5, 2016: 21st Century Energy: What’s the Deal?
Katie Scharf Dykes, Deputy Commissioner for Energy at the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP). Click here for presentation.
June 15, 2016: What’s the Deal with Shared Clean Energy?
- Katie Scharf Dykes, Deputy Commissioner for Energy at the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP). Click here to link to draft RFP.
- Roddy Diotalevi, Senior Director – Sales & Marketing at UIL Holdings. UIL.
- Jamie Howland, Director, Climate and Energy Analysis Center & Director, Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Initiative, Acadia Center. Acadia Center CPES Dinner JAH final.
- Moderator: Eric Johnson, Director of External Affairs, ISO-New England and CPES Vice President
April 13, 2016: Project Development: Natural Gas Infrastructure Projects Serving Customers in Connecticut
March 9, 2016: e3 Conference
- Daniel L. Sosland, President, Acadia Center
- Panel 1: Gabe Stern, Director of Technical Services, CMEEC
- Panel 2: Advanced Technology in Energy Storage
- Panel 3: Regional Energy Solutions
December 9, 2015: 30th Anniversary Holiday Event
Gordon van Welie: Managing the Rapid Transformation of New England’s Energy Resources
August 13, 2015 Policy Committee Meeting
- Lauren Savidge Presentation
- Business Card for Eric Jacobi jacobi_0001
- Special Session Public Act 15-5 Sec 102
- Nicholas Cicale Presentation
June 10, 2015: Energy Project Development and Delivery
- Melanie Bachman, CT Siting Council – Bachmamn
- Frank Wolak, Fuel Cell Energy – 06-10-2015 CPES FCE
- Curtis Cole, Kinder Morgan/Tennessee Gas Pipeline – 061015 Kinder Morgan complete
May 12-13, 2015: New England Energy Conference and Expo
Click here for presentations.
March 11, 2015: Connecticut Energy, Environment & Economic Development Conference
February 11, 2015: Connecticut Green Bank with Bryan Garcia
Click here for presentation.
November 12, 2014: Procuring Retail Supply in a Volatile Electricity Market
Click here for pdf of presentations.
March 17, 2014: CPES Energy, Environment & Economic Development Conference
Panel I – EPA Rules: Furthering Progress to a Cleaner and Smarter Grid:
- Jablonowski CPES 3-17
- Lavery CPES Presentation on CSAPR,
- Anderson_March 17 2014 rev1,
Panel II New England’s Evolving Energy Infrastructure:
Panel III – Zero Emission Vehicles: The Shape of Things To Come
February 19, 2014: Fracking
December 11, 2013: Meet the Regulators
November 13, 2013: The Role of District Energy Projects in Connecticut’s Energy Future
- David Kooris, Bridgeport Office of Planning and Economic Development. Click here.
- Scott Guilmartin, NuEnergy, LLC. Click here.
October 10, 2013: What’s the Deal? 21st Century Energy Conference. Click here.
September 11, 2013: Learn How to Bring the Economics of Energy to Your Company
June 12, 2013 Dinner Meeting: The Role of Wind Power in CT’s Energy Future
New England Energy Conference & Expo, May 20-21, 2013, click here.
CPES April 10, 2013 Dinner Meeting: The Role of Hydropower in CT’s Energy Future Click here.
March 13, 2013: Connecticut Energy, Environment and Economic Development Conference: Keeping the Lights On.
- Panel 1: – Climate Adaptation, EPA Rules and the New England Electrical Grid, Robert Bibbo, Normandeau Associates; Don DiCristofaro, Blue Sky Environmental, LLC; Peter Rothstein, New England Clean Energy Council; David Crane, NRG Energy Panel I
- Panel 2: Are We Prepared? Richard Laudenat, FirstLight; Doug McCracken, CL&P; Chris LaRose, Norwich Department of Public Utilities Panel 2
- Panel 3: Getting Prepared, William Taylor, Honeywell; W. Richard Smith, Jr., Robinson & Cole Panel 3
- Click here for program and pictures of event.
February 13, 2013: Emerging Technologies Click here
November 14, 2012: Transportation Technology Click here.
September 12, 2012: Microgrids
June 13, 2012: Realizing Value in Renewable Energy Credits
- Christie Bradway, CL&P and Gary Zielanski, UI – The LREC/ZREC Program
- Robert Maddox, Jr., Sterling Planet. Voluntary RECs
- What is an REC? video
April, 2012:Waste Gas Utilization
- Matthew Freund, Freund Dairy Farm
- Anthony Fiore, NYC DEP
- Mike Emond, Hockanum River Water Pollution Control Facility
- Tony Larusso, National Grid
March 2012: Energy & Environment Conference:
- Panel I – Drivers Shaping Energy Resources:
- EPA Rules Affecting Generation: Bob Bibbo, Vice President, Normandeau Associates
- Connecticut’s Integrated Resource Plan: Tracy Babbidge, Bureau of Energy and Technology, CT DEEP
- FERC Order 1000: Dan Peaco, President & Principal Consultant, LaCapra Associates
- Panel II – Fueling the Grid – Marcellus Natural Gas Impact Panel
- Environmental Issues in Marcellus Shale: Ken Bird, Vice President, Cummings-Ritter Consultants, Inc.
- Producer View of Markets and Pipeline Transportation: Jeff Hutton, Vice President, Cabot Oil and Gas Corporation
- Local Distribution Company Point of View: Edna Karanian, Director of Gas Systems Operations at Northeast Utilities and John P. Rudiak, Director of Energy Services for Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation and The Southern Connecticut Gas Company, gas utility subsidiaries of UIL Holdings.
- Panel III – Stakeholder Response: Will the Resources Be There?
- Raymond Long, Vice President, Government Affairs, NRG Energy
- James B. Robb, Senior Vice President-Enterprise Planning and Development, Northeast Utilities Service Company
- Matthew Kearns, Vice President of Business Development – Northeast, First Wind