POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: CPES EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Connecticut Power & Energy Society (“CPES”) is Connecticut’s leading association of energy professionals, dedicated to generating information, sharing ideas and educating Connecticut about energy. Our mission is to share the latest insightful and unbiased information about energy in Connecticut and provide a forum for collaboration and networking opportunities. Our vision is to be Connecticut’s premier resource for energy information and the networking hub for the energy industry. To learn more about CPES, visit: www.ctpower.org.
CPES is seeking a dynamic, experienced, goal oriented, Executive Director (“ED”) to help grow the membership and visibility of the organization. The ED will collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic plan incorporating the vision of the Board and stakeholders, and will formulate and implement practical and achievable steps that will lead to organizational sustainability. As the executive leader and the “face” of CPES in the extended community, the ED will actively cultivate mission compliant collaborations while enhancing current relationships with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Board to develop a multi-year strategic plan, goals and objectives
- In partnership with the Board, define the strategies and tactics that will advance CPES’ mission and lead the implementation of the same
- Inspire and motivate a network of supporters to promote and fulfill the mission
- Support the Board in implementing CPES’ vision and mission and ensuring effective revenue models and communications
Financial & Operations Management
- In coordination with the Board Treasurer, ensure accurate and effective operational and financial reporting policies and systems, including the development of an annual budget, tracking of monthly expenditures within approved budget, proper monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, and timely and accurate financial reporting at Board meetings
- In coordination with the Board Secretary, maintain official records and documents
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and fiscal practices (federal, state and local regulations) of a 501(c)(6) non-profit and Connecticut Non-Stock Corporation
- Ensure the effective usage and maintenance of data and IT systems
Event Management, Communications & Marketing
- Make timely arrangements for all activities involved in monthly dinner meetings and three annual conferences, including site selection, program development, sponsor/exhibitor solicitations, and support for speakers
- Be the ‘’face” of CPES in the extended community, cultivating productive and positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Cultivate relationships with other industry organizations and groups related to the energy field
- In coordination with Board Committees, oversee creation and implementation of Marketing and Communications plans to effectively promote CPES and its activities across all outlets, including social media channels. Run analytics on web, email and social media traffic to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts
Board of Directors
- Work with the Board President to provide leadership to the Board in developing and implementing the vision and mission of the organization utilizing governance best practice models
- Actively manage and coordinate activities of Board and committees, providing recommendations as necessary and active follow-up
- Present timely and accurate written status reports to the Board about agreed upon objectives, finances and other relevant issues
- Experience in association management, including nonprofit business administration, financial oversight and controls, and organizational operations
- Experience in the energy industry a plus
- Experience collaborating successfully with a Board of Directors and support of best practices in Board governance and leadership
- Demonstrated success in program evaluation and implementation
- Experience with website development and maintenance a plus
This is a contract position. Contract length is open to negotiation. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and applicants are encouraged to propose compensation packages that include performance based incentives.
E-mail your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include proposed contract length and compensation package in cover letter.